ILM Coaching & Mentoring Level 7
Develop your expertise and experience as a professional coach and mentor
Who is the ILM Level 7 Coaching & Mentoring for ?
This qualification is designed for senior managers or Human Resource or Organisational Development professionals who want to develop their expertise and credibility in the fields of coaching and mentoring, or to establish coaching on an organisational level. It’s also for professional coaches and mentors seeking to enhance and accredit their experience with a nationally recognised qualification.
Focus on the skills that you need
There are three mandatory units in this qualification, which you can take at either a Certificate or a Diploma level.
The first unit, Understanding the context of coaching and mentoring in a strategic business environment aims to enable you to critically review the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring at a senior level.
The second unit, Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor will give you the tools and techniques to review and improve your own practise, and understand how the client’s organisation culture and structure affects the coaching and mentoring relationship.
For the Certificate the third unit requires you to demonstrate your ability to plan, deliver and review at least 20 hours of coaching and mentoring in your workplace.
For the Diploma that is extended to 100 hours of coaching and mentoring, and there is an added focus on assessing your work against best practice standards and benchmarks.
The Result for You
You will be able to
- Review and build the context, strategy, culture and processes for coaching and mentoring at a senior and strategic level
- Analyse different coaching and mentoring models and their impact
- Evaluate the effectiveness of coaching and mentoring in an organisation
- Critically review your own communication skills, emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills and values, to assess your competence as a coach or mentor
- Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring contact with clients at a senior and strategic level
The Benefits to employers and organisations
- Implement coaching in complex working environments or at a senior and strategic level in your organisation
- Ensure the your organisation’s coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Benchmark your organisation’s approach against the latest best practise
- Measurable impact from coaching and mentoring sessions carried out as part of this qualification
Make an Enquiry
The working style worked brilliantly for me. Interspersed focus meetings, meetings with the group, learning through conversation as well as the academic inputs. It worked, fitting in with a busy work schedule. It meant I could apply what I was learning as I went through the programme.Amanda Grindall