ILM Coaching & Mentoring Level 5
Develop your ability as a confident, well-practised coach and mentor
Who is the ILM Level 5 Coaching & Mentoring for
This is ideal if you are a manager with significant responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of your day-to-day role. It will also support you if you are planning to move into a development role in your organisation or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
Focus on the skills that you need
There are three mandatory units in this qualification, which you can take as either a Certificate or a Diploma.
The first unit, Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring aims to enable you to understand the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring, and build a business case.
The second unit, Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor aims to give you the ability to critically review your own personal qualities, skills and competence.
For the Certificate the third unit requires you to demonstrate your ability to plan, deliver and review at least 12 hours of coaching and mentoring in your workplace.
For the Diploma that is extended to 100 hours of coaching and mentoring, with multiple clients, and there is an added focus on using supervision and reflective review to develop your own practice.
The Result for You
You will be able to
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor
- Review how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation
- Assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor
- Provide evidence of your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification
- Plan your further development
- Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring in your organisation
The Benefits to employers and organisations
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Develop a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation
- Encourage managers to provide effective support for the development of others and improve their performance
- Measurable impact on a culture change in the organisation