The CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Qualification. Develop your people management skills.
Who is the Level 5 Intermediate for ?
The Level 5 Intermediate qualifications are ideal for those who are already working in Human Resources (HR) or Learning and Development (LD). They are also very relevant for managers who wish to develop their people management skills. To achieve your desired qualification you will need to accumulate unit credits, which are dependent on the unit modules you select. There are three qualification options available, based on the credits attained.
Additionally, achieving the Certificate or Diploma allows you to automatically become an Associate Member of CIPD.
HRM or HRD ?
Choose the Units to suit the qualification you want – Human Resources Management or Learning and Development.
The Units you must take, and the ones you can choose.
ALL 3 must be taken for the Certificate and Diploma. IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE 3 CORE UNITS there is a 4th UNIT required for the Diploma.
Optional Units for HRM
- An additional 18 unit credits are required for the Certificate in HRM
- An additional 24 unit credits are required for the Diploma in HRM
- A maximum of 6 unit credits can be selected from the HRD Optional Units
Optional Units for HRD
- An additional 18 unit credits are required for the Certificate in HRD
- An additional 24 unit credits are required for the Diploma in HRD
- A maximum of 6 unit credits can be selected from the HRM Optional Units
Important to know
Whether you choose the HR or LD path, the Core Units are the same for both. Do also remember that the Diploma has 4 Core Units.
The Level 5 Intermediate Qualification at a glance
Achieve 1 unit to gain
- Intermediate Award in Human Resources
Achieve 14 unit credits from the Core Units and 18 unit credits from the Optional Units.
Depending on your choice of Optional Units you will gain a
- Certificate in HRM or
- Certificate in HRD
Achieve 20 unit credits from the Core Units and 24 unit credits from the Optional Units. Depending on your choice of Optional Units you will gain a
- Diploma in HRM or
- Diploma in HRD
Cullen Scholefield is a very professional organisation and I liked the family feel you invoke in your candidates. Thank you for a challenging 2 years. You encouraged me to continue.Jilly Bayford